About the Content Registration category

Content registration allows Crossref members to register and update metadata via machine or human interfaces.

Academic and professional research travels further if it’s linked to the millions of other published papers. Crossref members register content with us to let the world know it exists. They send information called metadata to us. Metadata includes fields like dates, titles, authors, affiliations, funders, and online location. It also includes digital object identifiers (DOIs) that stay with the work even if it moves websites. Richer metadata makes content useful and easier to find.

Learn more about content registration in our Education documentation on our website.

Please post your general questions and comments about content registration here. If you have a query about a specific registration method (via XML, the web deposit form, Metadata Manager, OJS) then please post this under the relevant heading.

1 Like

I am trying the register my journal papers to Crossref, however journal issue doi works, but paper dois do not work.

Hi @ijrer,

Thanks for your message and welcome to the community forum. How are you attempting to register your content with us? What is your Crossref username and/or prefix?

-Isaac

oeyeci@gmail.com
10.20508/ijrer

10.20508/ijrer.v11i4 this doi works

10.20508/ijrer.v11i4.12240 this doi does not work

How did you attempt to register DOI 10.20508/ijrer.v11i4.12240?

It looks like the other DOIs registered by username ijrer were all successful in January 2022. Those other January 2022 registrations were made using our web deposit form.

I did follow the instruction given in crossref document.

DOI 10.20508/ijrer.v11i4.12240? this was created by the OJS.

Unfortunately, the DOI has not yet been registered and it looks like the submission including that DOI never made it to our system. Because of this, and since OJS is not our system, we’re limited in how much we can help you in its use.

You can learn more at PKP’s Crossref OJS Manual, plus there’s a very active PKP Community Forum which has more information on how to modify your OJS instance to submit metadata and register DOIs with Crossref.

Alternatively you can contact the Support team at PKP, the organization responsible for the Open Journal System (OJS).

My best,
Isaac