What does this TypeError mean?

Hi!

I’m very familiar now with Metadata Manager, but I’m facing an Error while depositing one manuscript that I have never seen before :frowning:

I will post below the print screen of the error and I hope someone (@ifarley? :slight_smile:) could help me!

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 14.00.46

1 Like

Hi Bruna,

We’ve seen this one a few times. It usually has something to do with a special character in the metadata of one or more of the articles that you have included in your deposit. Can you send me the username and/or DOI prefix of the account so I can take a closer look? Sometimes I’m able to fix these errors myself, but I may need to get our tech team involved. I’ll know more after investigating the account.

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Hello @BrunaErlandsson. I have an update on these type errors you have reported. I learned yesterday that type errors are also generated when a submission is too large. Generally speaking, you should limit the number of articles you submit via Metadata Manager in one single submission to 15 or less. We’ll be investigating how we can improve the interface so that users no longer receive this error in the future (https://gitlab.com/crossref/user_stories/issues/286), but it may take us some time to implement that. That said, we’ll begin work on that in 2020.

Kind regards,
Isaac

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Thanks, @BrunaErlandsson, for introducing me to the Community Forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

@ifarley, thanks for getting involved with my problem. This error that Bruna posted happened with the journal I work with. I read your feedbacks just now and understood it! I will pay attention to the amount of the deposits from now on (the error happened at the 20th article, so it makes sense). Gonna try to deposit it again and if I do not have success I will write you directly with username and password, so you can take a closer look! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you @marina! Welcome to the community forum!

Yes, please let me know if your resubmission of the Metadata Manager content is successful.

My best,
Isaac